Head Brewer - District Brewing Co.
District Brewing Company is looking for an experienced head brewer to lead brewing efforts. This position includes working within all areas of the brewery including brewing, packaging, and maintenance as well as ensuring implementation of all standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality and efficiency throughout the production process. Primary brewing activities include brewing our four core lagers, various seasonal beers and contract brewing.
As head of the brewing team you will work with the Production Manager and General Manager to develop and achieve our company goals. A thorough understanding of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, filtration, packaging and QA/QC is required.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Operate a 50 HL 3-vessel system, a Spadoni 5m2 DE filter, a 6-head Meheen bottle filler, a 5-head CASK canning line, a DME 4-head Keg station, Fizz Wizz carbonation units, electric and propane forklifts
- With the Production Manager, ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and improved upon whenever possible.
- Hold all team members accountable to operate within brewery procedures.
- Work with management team on production planning and forecasting
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, packaging and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner
- Maintain brewing areas to ensure operations comply with Quality, Sanitation and Safety standards
- Identify areas for enhanced operations processes and drive continuous improvement of culture throughout the production team
- With the Production Manager, develop and review quality reports and statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished products
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports
- Work with the Production Manager to help with the creative process for recipe development and new product experimentation across all our branded beers
- Engage our family of contract brewers throughout the production process
- 3-5 + years of professional brewing experience
- Significant experience managing barrel-aging program
- Degree in Brewing Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to lift and move 50L kegs on your own, preferred
- Forklift certification preferred but not required
- Proven leadership skills with ability to coach, inspire and motivate a growing team
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
This position is full time, compensation based on experience. Benefits include PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, and a tasty supply of delicious and diverse beers!
To Be Considered Please send resume and cover letter to
Who we Are
District Brewing Company is a Saskatchewan brewery manufacturing the highest quality of craft beer. From four simple ingredients we brew a diverse variety of styles of beer that please any pallet. Through a passion for beer making we have found our craft and we encourage others to do the same.
We are a team of passionate beer lovers and local economy supporters. At District Brewing Co. we are committed to sourcing many of our ingredients and service needs from the local Saskatchewan community. To date we distribute all over Saskatchewan, with headquarters located in the heart of the Warehouse District in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Having opened shop in 2013 we are successfully expanding our beer selection, local reach and distribution. To help us keep up with the growth of our brewery we need a passionate and experienced brewer to help manage and lead our brewing team.